February 25, 2009

Whatchu Talkin Bout Willis Wednesday

Politics
-President Obama - Nice speach. Nice rhetoric. I like the "I am right, do what I say" bi-partisanship.
-Speaker Pelosi- You continue to be an embarrassment to your position. The ridiculous things you say, your immaturity in front of crowds and your over-eagerness to show clapping skills are annoying. And was that a Snuggie you were wearing?
-Congrats to those democrats in the Iowa legislature who voted "no" on the labor bill. It was refreshing to see politicians vote with the people in mind instead of their party. Union guys swing the same hammers as the rest of us.

Sports
-Hilton Magic is dead. The automatic 10 points we used to gain from the crowds hasn't been seen consistently for years.
-Thank goodness for the Twister Sisters.
-Ames' high junior Harrison Barnes is the real deal. I watched him play last week. There truly is a reason Duke, North Carolina and Kansas want this guy.
-Only 6 months or so until football.

Life
-Makenna's trick of sticking her toes in her mouth is cute. I wonder though if she ever gets tired of the cotton taste when her socks are on.
-It's 52 degrees today. Snow and sleet possible tonight? Come on.
-The other day, Allison was convinced I was only 29. I thought that was sweet of her.

Work
-The Ames Tribune supposedly will be featuring an article on Ag Leader and possibly the expansion this Saturday. No one interviewed me though, so I can't vouch for the facts presented.
-Ag Leader just gave us the go ahead and build them another building. I kinda feel like they are just building it to keep me busy.
-The Ames Tribune printed an article on our company's construction of the Iowa State basketball practice facility in yesterday's paper. Some of the facts were wrong, but it made us look even better. Thanks Tribune!

1 comment:

clarkitect said...

Politics- Amen

Sports- Too bad about Hilton Magic. Seasons come and go. This too shall pass. I am looking forward to Paul Rhodes if for no other reason than I am looking forward to a(nother) new coach (and excuses to bbq large amounts of meat and enjoy other's company).

Life- You aren't 29?

Work- When I read newspaper articles with subject matters I am intimately knowledgeable and closely affiliated with I am ever more convinced all the more that the entire news is the same way. It proves the news renders itself pointless and irrelevant. If local stories are out of whack, how much more so the national ones? At least this time it went the positive way for us.