June 30, 2009
I'll leave you with a few more pictures we took today.
June 29, 2009
This morning the girls took a trip to the local outlet mall to do some shopping. And the boys stayed home to relax and take a much needed nap. After lunch we went to a peach orchard to get some home grown peaches and homemade peach ice cream. The ice cream was delicious and I cannot wait to eat some of the peaches.
Here are a few pictures from the peach orchard.
June 28, 2009
In the afternoon Jason's dad, sister, and some friends came to visit and eat a late lunch. Makenna had a blast playing with the older girls. She was definitely the center of attention with them.
Jacob spent most of the afternoon sleeping and cuddling with whoever was holding him.
It was a busy day but it was great to get together with our Texas family!
June 27, 2009
This morning Jacob was in a great mood and full of smiles.
And Makenna decided that the best way to beat the heat in Texas is to go swimming.
Here are a couple pictures for Makenna right after she woke up and waiting to get off the plane.
It was great to see my sister, Jason, and Jacob. Jacob is such a cutie and he loves to snuggle. Which makes it a ton of fun to hold him.
Once we got to Erin's house Makenna made herself at home. She found all the toys right away and her favorite thing to do is stare outside at the puppies.
Makenna has not seemed to be bothered at all about being in a new place. I do think she misses her daddy, though!
June 25, 2009
June 22, 2009
June 21, 2009
June 18, 2009
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early. My mom and I went to a couple garage sales and found some great deals on a bunch of clothes for Jacob. While we bargin shopped, Jared and my dad painted two more rooms. Saturday evening we headed to church and then left my parents to babysit Makenna again while Jared and I went to a friend's birthday party.
Sunday we all took a trip down to Des Moines to go to the Home Show. On the way we stopped to eat brunch at IHOP. We had a great time at the home show and Makenna did awesome. Jared and I both came away from the show with some ideas we may possibly use in the future. We were both inpressed at how well Makenna did while we walked around all the houses. She sure had a busy weekend, but she sure was a trooper.
Here are a couple pictures of the swing and "Flinstone" car my parents brought up for Makenna. They found some amazing deals on both of them.
June 17, 2009
June 5, 2009
Saturday we headed up to the farm to spend some time with Jared's parents and relatives from Arkansas. It was fun to enjoy being outside on the farm and seeing Gabe, Dorothy, and Liam.
(The very cute sweatshirt we borrowed from Liam)
Monday we woke up to see that several of our neighbors had placed flags in their front yards. It was a great reminder of why we celebrate the day. mMy parents came to visit and helped with more painting and more organizing the garage. We got quite a bit done and got to eat some pretty good food too.
June 4, 2009
June 3, 2009
I figure that since it as almost been a month since we updated our blog, and some of you who read our blog live far away and haven't seen Makenna in a while, I will start with a few updates about Makenna.
- She loves to eat. She will eat pretty much whatever we offer her and whenever we offer it to her.
- She started to crawl about a three weeks ago. And she has since mastered the skill.
- About a month ago she got her first tooth. A few days later the second one followed.
- She can pull herself up on things/people very well. And will sometimes stand alone for a few seconds.
- She will drink 8oz of milk before bed and will sleep through the night (REGULARLY)! Before we were only giving her 4oz and she would wakeup and need to be rocked back to sleep once in a while. We found out that she sleeps better with full tummy. Who would've known? First time parents....geesh!
- She really enjoys listening to her daddy play the guitar.
- She also will feed herself her snack. (gerber puffs). It is fun to watch her think and work so hard to pick up one small puff.
- She will drink from her sippy cup if someone will hold it for her.
- When sat in front of the piano, she will "play".
- She will grab anything and everything in front of her. She can even reach thing that we consider to be a safe distance from her.
- One of her favorite things to do is play outside.
Here are pictures of the inside of our house that I promised to show you.
I'm looking forward to all the changes that we are planning to make to the house. I'll keep ya'll up to speed on our progress.