February 19, 2009

Drug testing

A friend of mine sent his to me. What a great idea I think.....

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. At any time I am required to pass a random drug test, with which I have no problem. HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a drug test. Shouldn't one have to pass a drug test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their fannies, and smoking dope. Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a drug test to get a public assistance check?

1 comment:

todd said...

that is a very intersting thought. it is probably a lot more complicated than that, but it serves as a welcomed weight which should be added to the scale of debate over the subject. it is not something i have ever put together on my own meditations. well done.