February 11, 2009

Whatchu Talkin Bout Willis Wednesday

It's still not everyday that I am able to believe I am a dad.

Even after hundreds of diaper changes, being spit upon most ever day, listening to the crying/whining, and enjoying the laughing, it is still somewhat tough to believe that I am, indeed, a dad.

Makenna turned 4 months old today. Most everyday these last 4 months I have enjoyed coming home to see my little baby grow. The things she learns everyday are amazing to me. Her personality continues to develop and shows itself in many forms. Seeing her laugh and laugh with a huge smile on her face can definitely make anyone's bad day seem a little better. Her newest trick is laying on her back and holding her legs at a 90 degree angle up in the air.

I never really knew what to expect being a dad myself, and really, I still don't. Life happens. The changes it brings just create new experiences to remember and learn from.

I can't wait to get messages like this one my good friend Mark got from his oldest son.

1 comment:

Ted n' Tiff said...

Wow! Can't believe she is 4 months!! We have a hard time believing we are parents some times! Amazing. That is a funny note Mark got from his son!