October 15, 2008

Some big accomplishments

So in the past 24 hours, there have been some big accompishments around the Willis household. Number one: I figured out how to get internet hooked up. Yes, for some this is a no brainer, but I know about technology what Makenna knows about toilets. Number two: We had a good night last night. Makenna had to be woke up to be fed and fell back asleep pretty quickly again, meaning Allison and I were able to sleep up to that point.

Allison continues to be wonderwoman, healing quickly, adjusting to being a mom, and still finding time to thank me genuinely for "all my help" around the place. I think she just finds humor in watching me try to change diapers and me telling her she is doing a great job.

Allison's mom has been up to help out which has been a huge blessing. I went back to work for awhile today so Jeanne took over the place, cleaning up, cooking, and watching Makenna so Allison could get some much needed rest.

It was fun getting our little girl into the car seat for the first time and getting the heck out of the hospital yesterday. Even though the hospital staff was great, I was tired of conflicting suggestions from nurses, constant checks and people asking about color of poop.

Here is a picture of the first time in the car seat. I know, very cute.



Below are some pictures of adoring guests at the hospital. (Molly, Spring, and Stacy)



3 comments:

stacey said...

No way! I made the blog?!?!

Glad the three of you are finally home :)

Hollie said...

Glad you're home and your first night went well. Take full advantage of nap times Allison, that was thing I missed most when baby #2 arrived was the ability to nap when baby was napping. Call if you need ANYTHING:) We will continue to pray for you guys.

todd said...

that carseat picture is amazing. i am glad you are getting settled soo well. you are in my prayers brother.