October 2, 2008

October 13th

From what I understand of childbirth and labor they tend to happen unexpectedly. And for most people I think that frightens them a little but not for me really. I thought that it would be kinda fun to have the all-of-a-sudden feeling of this is "IT"! Thats just me I guess.

Well, unless something happens between now and October 13th their will be no all-of-a-sudden drama with the Willis' family. Ironically, two people who tend to be pretty poor planners suddenly have to plan.

We have a C-Section scheduled for 7 am on the 13th. (We actually have to be there at 5) As you can see in the illustrated pictures below, our baby feels the need to keep its head up. Maybe it will be a good swimmer. Or actually be able to float (unlike its father).

So unless something changes soon, like sudden labor pains, we will have our baby about 7:22 am October 13th.

(We are still taking name suggestions. Now's the time if you've been holding back.)








5 comments:

The Pelhams said...

Names, so many to choose from. Here are a few ideas, boy: Jacob, Brayden, Reed, or Isaac. Girl: Madelyn, Jordyn, or Emma. Can't wait to see those pics and if it is a boy or girl!

todd said...

based on the swimming proficiency and the popularity from this past summer's olympic games, i would say perhaps michael or phelps would be good names. by the time he is older, most people would not make the connection that he was named after an olymic swimmer. if it's a girl, you would obviously then have to go with michaela of phelpia. yeah, i should think before i type.

Jessica said...

I don't know, I still have a fondness for LeBrian James or LeBryan James if "it" is a boy...and what about Lily-Beth Jane if it's a girl? ;)

By the way, I just think it's so "God" of God that LBJ has stayed put for the last 3 months. Yea Him. (and too bad that you just can't keep "him" incubating - I mean, my brother and I were both way late. 10 days for me, 14 for him. those were the good ol' days!)

Hollie said...

I personally like Gabriel and Titus for boys:) and girls well I can't tell you because you could steal my potential girl name and then what would I do?

Steph said...

Well I'm not going to suggest a name but let me encourage you about the scheduled C-section, since I had two of them (our boys were breech/transverse and then LilyAnna gave me high blood pressure so she had to come out). I'm all for it. No labor, no uncertainty about when they're coming, no wondering "how long is this going to take???" Granted, the recovery is a bit more difficult but once you get past day 2 it's smooth sailing. It just sucks the first time they make you get out of bed and walk around, which is only a few hours after surgery. But, you get two extra days in the hospital compared to a regular birth and the nurses are so helpful and serve you 24 hours a day (so take advantage of it!) If you have questions don't be shy...just give me a call! We'll be praying for you as the day approaches!!
Steph