October 25, 2008

Apparently I'm a parent

Not that I believe I've been living in some fantasy land these last two weeks. However, I don't think it has truly completely set in that I am now a dad - and always will be a dad.

A couple things that have made me realize it more in the last two days..

1. Picking up a prescription for Makenna, I had to fill out her information sheet. Doesn't sound like much, but I don't think I have ever once filled out any sort of registration for anyone else. I actually had to stop and think for every blank.

2. I went to Super Wal-mart today to get three things: An oil filter, anti-freeze, and diapers. Yes, my first diaper run. I stood there like a fool trying to figure out which one was the best deal and if they would correspond with the coupon I had.

Maybe its this way for every new parent. Or maybe I'm just weird.

1 comment:

todd said...

no, i think most people buy diapers and oil filters. you're just doing it for the first time and possibly without ever having rehearsed it in your heard. i have done many things for the first time which i had either imagined diong previously or thought about, but every once in a while you catch yourself doing something you never honestly imagined and you stop and think, "what a bizarre world we live in that finds me doing this and what an odd duck i am. who am i that God thinks of me?" but He does bro. you're a great dad. it was great to see you both at church on saturday nights. is that your service of preference now that you have a lil one?