October 25, 2008

My wonderful wife

We've had so many posts recently focused on little Makenna. This one is for my wife.

She is wonderful. I can't say enough how great of a woman she is. For all the reasons I loved her while it was just the two of us, I can now add in so many more watching her with our little girl.

I'm not sure if I could actually get out of bed in the middle of the night in the cold 3 times to sit and nurse a little baby who is sometimes more interested in playing with her own hand than burping. But Allison does it without complaining. She changes diapers, then often times gets to change them right away again after the tell-tale tooting sound.

And somehow she always makes me feel welcomed as soon as I walk in the door.

What a great gal I married. Yes, I know I "married up." And I've been happy about it ever since.

(pic from our honeymoon)

1 comment:

todd said...

this is a great shout-out bro. thanks for taking care of your wife and giving such a great example to those of us who are having children and will be in the future. keep it up bro. you're doing a great job of cherishing that gem the LORD gave you.