March 27, 2008

The Covers Are All Mine

So, this will be the first night since we've been married that Jared and I have been apart. Really, it is! He went back to his parent's farm for a couple of days to help out a bit and I stayed in Ames. Scary, I know, to be apart from each other for over 24 hours. Well, maybe not. But it will be different. I won't have anyone steal all the covers from me sometime in the middle of the night, after explaining how hot they were as they tried to fall sleep. Even after they had turned on the fan and opened the window, but were still too hot to fall asleep! I can't understand that but I still love him no matter how weird I think he is.

On to the real reason for the post. I have heard several wives talk about how trouble always strikes when there husbands are away but didn't get to have a small dose of that reality until this morning. Driving to work and the snow is falling, wet, heavy, lovely snow and then it happens. The worst imaginable thing while driving (not really, I'm just being dramatic and silly) my driver side windshield wiper stops working. Luckily I'm a block away from work so no major problems, as in cars crashing into each other due to my obstructed vision.

Turns out that the wiper had come apart and sharp metal was sticking straight out and the rubber was just dangling. Having no idea of how to attempt to fix the problem and realizing that if I did try to be "miss-fix-it" I would probably make it worse, I began to unashamedly realize how much I rely on Jared. (By the way, he is the best husband ever!)

To be truthful I have no knowledge what so ever about windshield wipers and I did begin to get a tad bit concerned cuz JARED IS GONE AND WHO WILL FIX THE WIPER?!?! After, I regained a normal thought process I decided that maybe one of my male co-workers would be as smart as Jared and be able to fix the wiper. To my suprise Jared is not the only one who knows something about wipers.

It all ended happy.... My co-worker fixed the wiper. Now I will have no excuse for my horrible driving on my way home from work. And the moral of the story, don't let your husband leave town without checking your windshield wipers!

1 comment:

chewie said...

Hey Allison, I am Forrest I don't know if Jared has ever talked about me but I can say with out a doubt Jared is weird :) Though if you compare him to me he would be quite normal. That is why we are friends. Normal people are just too boring!