September 10, 2008

Worlds Collide

Two of the biggest things going on in my life right now are the baby coming soon and my big building I am currently working on. Generally speaking, these two things have little to do with each other. Leave it to a dream to bring them together.

To set the stage a little, Allison and I have started taken some quite interesting classes at the hospital to prepare us for the upcoming baby. Being surrounded by lots of pregnant women while watching some fairly descriptive videos apparently has taken a little toll on my imagination.

This was my dream I had last night. My jobsite was invaded by a large amount of pregnant women. All were far enough along that birth was imminent. However, instead of going to the hospital, they all show up and surrounded the building, demanding answers on what is going to be happening to them.

Humorously enough in itself, they singled out the most logical choice of workers on which to direct their questions: the blocklayers. Of course the blocklayers had few answers that satisfied the women, so the large posse grew even more restless and were boldly proclaiming they would be giving birth right there if someone didn’t help them.

At this point, I woke up and thought about how ridiculous the whole thing was. Then I fell asleep and had pretty much the same dream all over again.

Crazy dream? Yes. The moral was clear though. If you are pregnant and need answers immediately, don’t waste your time talking with blocklayers, try your luck and go straight to the electricians.

1 comment:

todd said...

it probably means something. where is daniel when you need him?