September 21, 2008

Staining a deck is easy

The deck has been on the house for a year now, so it was time to get it stained. I borrowed a power washer and washed it Thursday night. I also was telling the painter doing my Ag Leader project how great it would be to have a sprayer to help me along in the process of staining. He fell for it and Friday night I loaded up his sprayer in my truck.

Saturday morning came and I started putting the plastic up all over the house. Once we figured out the sprayer, we went at it: me leaning over spraying and Allison back-brushing it. Much to my surprise, it only took a little less than 4 hours to do the whole thing (prep, staining, and cleanup.) I actually thought it would take the better part of the weekend to complete.

The deck looks great and I would highly recommend making friends with a painter if you ever plan on staining yours.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Looks good. I need to come and take some new pics for the marketing. Going to attract multitudes of buyers now!