May 8, 2008

Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis Wednesday

At first glance to me, it seemed like another slow week. Nothing really all that interesting to share with everyone. No big news. No awards for either Allison or me. More rain. The NFL Draft came and went without my name being called AGAIN this year. No great pictures or stories to post.

But as I thought about it, the more it came to me of how much I have to to talk about. The blessings we have could fill an entire blog. When I went to bed tonight (yes, I've been to bed and back up already-too much on my mind) Allison was sleeping and it made me smile just thinking about how much I love her. I also thought about our little baby and what an exciting time it will be for us.

On Dave Ramsey's call in radio show, he is commonly casually asked "how are you Dave" before they begin the real reason for their call. His response is always, "better than I deserve." What a true statement. We are all blessed in so many ways. I've actually borrowed Dave's answer a couple times and have gotten some interesting looks. But what a good, quick way to perk others up to the fact that life isn't all that bad.

All too often, we all focus on the things that are going "wrong" in our lives and forget about all the things we have to be thankful for. I'm thankful. Are you?

I remember this old song from when I was little that still goes through my head from time to time. The last line of the chorus sings: Count your many blessings; Name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done.

No comments: