May 18, 2008

Craig's List

I was recently introduced to Craig's List. I am assuming most of our readers already know and/or use Craig's List so I will not explain what it is. But I will say that I am fond of it. This is my story about how I became a Craig's List fan....

About a month ago a co-worker of mine mentioned how is sister found a great deal on a set a bunk beds on Craig's List. So immediately I ask what is this thing and how do you use it? (because as soon as he said his sister got a great deal I was interested) Anyways.... once I was informed that all ya gotta do is type in your area and search for the item or items you want I started searching right away. What I found was a Graco car seat and two bases for $80. So what do I do? I send my mom to West Des Moines two days later to meet the lady who is selling the car seat and check it out to see if it is worth the money. Turns out it was only used by one child, they were non-smokers, and didn't have pets. Needless to say we purchased it. It is great and once again we ended up finding a pretty good deal.

Here is a picture of the car seat. Also pictured is a vibrating baby seat my mom found for us at a garage sale for only $5! Have I mentioned that I am a fan of garage sales?

2 comments:

Jared said...

By the way...your house is on Craigslist. Get with the times you neanderthal. :) Can't beat free online classifieds.

Paige at The Minivan Voorsts said...

garage sales and craig's list are definitely sweet...agreed. if you want to see some CRAZY garage sale action, go to my hometown over labor day weekend. this huge national tractor festival happens that weekend every year (which is awesome enough in itself) so people put out all kinds of stuff. last year there was a really nice crib for like 25 bucks, but i was like, "i just got married a couple weeks ago; like i'm going to need that anytime soon."

kicking myself for that one.