May 18, 2008

Garage Sales

I find garage sales to be an absolutely great way to shop. Personally I think they are worth waking up early on a Saturday morning for. Although I am rather new to what veterans call "garage saleing", I have definitely been bitten by the garage sale bug. Last year was the first year I started this money saving technique and found a couple fantastic deals.

This year has been pretty successful as well. This past weekend a couple friends and I spent 2 hours hopping from sale to sale. What I came home with was a medela breast pump. Yes, I know, not very exciting to most people. But lets put it this way, I think the $230 that I saved by spending $20 dollars on a used one as opposed to a new one at $250 is something everyone could appreciate.

And for those concerned about how unsanitary it is to use a used breast pump, don't worry! You can buy replacement parts for less than $40. So my total savings $190! I think it is totally worth it!

No comments: