April 6, 2011

Makenna 2 and a half : A Closer Look

I cannot believe Makenna is almost 2 and a half. Wow does time fly.

It seems like she is just a sponge when it comes to learning new things. Currently, she has mastered recognizing all the letters in the alphabet (even out of order), counting to eleven, recognizing shapes and colors. I am impressed at how quickly she catches on to anything we try to teach her. She is also very observant. Which can be both a blessing and a curse.

I also try my hardest to teach her basic truths about God and Jesus as much as possible. I think she is doing well for a 2 year old. She knows that God made her and that He loves her and that Jesus wants to be her friend. ( I taught her a song that sings those words and she sings it a lot) That is as simple as I can make it for her. It is also so sweet to hear her sing hymns, bible verses and other worship songs. I catch her singing them along with our CDs or by herself, either way there is something so wonderful to hear a child singing praises to God.

A favorite pastime of Makenna's is to pretend. She pretends to go shopping at Wal-mart, which includes her asking the lady who greets you for a sticker and then saying thank you to the lady, looking at the fish, checking out, and holding Mama's hand so the cars won't get 'You'. She also pretends to play grocery store and library/storytime, this is where she pretends to be the librarian who reads and sings to the kids.
She continues to be a huge helper around the house. She likes to do the dishes, sweep the floor, do the laundry, and help cook. She likes to get diapers for Colin and likes to help feed him his snacks. I hope she continues to have such a happy servant heart as she grows up.

Well, that is all that sticks out about her personality right now. I might add more if anything pops into my head.

1 comment:

jeanne and david said...

and then there is our Makenna with all her achievements and emotions - love you oodles and gobs - you keep shining ladybug...
love you to pieces, Nana and Papa