April 8, 2011

10 Minutes

10 minutes can look different depending on the time of day or the situation you are experiencing. For me this is what the last 10 minutes looked like.

Makenna peed her pants.

While I am cleaning up Makenna's mess, Colin manages to stick his hands in the toilet three times (I am counting all three because after each time I washed his hands). Drenching his shirt in the process.

While I am giving Makenna a bath Colin falls in, because he is a freak about the bathtub.

What have I learned from the last 10 minutes?

That laundry and messes are a constant in this stage of my life. And even more importantly, that sometimes life with two small kiddos gets crazy and in those moments I'm glad that I can just laugh and smile because I know that 10 minutes in a few years will look completely different.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Haha! I can only laugh because I know this so well...

River has a thing for splashing in the toilet, too. I don't remember it ever being an issue with Liam, but we are learning to keep the bathroom door closed :-)

Good luck!