March 13, 2009

Around The House

Here is a quick update about what is going on around the Willis House.
  • Jared brought home an old L-shaped desk and two used black book shelves that Ag Leader was throwing out. He refinished the top of the desk to update it a bit. And I used the book shelves to put the finishing touches in the office.
  • Makenna continues to show us her flexibility buy sticking her feet in her mouth.
  • I have started doing a monthly meal plan. This has enabled me to only grocery shop once a month. I do occasionally make a milk, bread, and banana run. Also, if i hear of a great deal I will make a trip so I can stock up on that item. I enjoy only grocery shopping once a month and it is saving us quite a bit of money.
  • I am anxiously awaiting spring so I can start my weekly trip to Aplington. Janelle has graciously let me take over a part of her veggie garden. I have been wanting to have a graden for a couple years now so this is very exciting for me. Plus she will get to see Makenna more this way.
  • Sticking anything and everything in her mouth is one of Makenna's favorite things to do. I have a feeling this habit will be around for quite a while.
  • We are waiting on pins and needles for both of Makenna's new cousins to be born. Hammie in late March and Jacob in mid-May.
  • Jared will soon be starting to build a new coffee table and end table for our living room.
  • I cannot wait for garage sale season to begin. I am looking forward to finding some really goods deals again this summer.
Thats all for now. I'm sure there will be many more updates to come as the weather is beginning to get nice enough to be outside and Makenna is finding her personality.

1 comment:

Ted n' Tiff said...

Wow, grocery shopping once a month!! If I am ever interested I will have to ask for your advice. Yes, Makenna will probably be sticking everything in her mouth for some time! Seth still does and I am sure it will be a while yet until he no longer continues. You guys are very handy. Refinishing the trunk, desk, bookshelf,etc. I am thoroughly impressed. We are going to make a bookshelf with the help and use of my Dad and his tools and I think that will be fun! Post up some pics of the finished products!!