December 10, 2008

The two month shots

Makenna had a very nice visit to the doctor today...for the first half hour. She got weighed (10 pounds, 11 ounces), measured (22.6 inches) and checked all over by a doctor. She played, smiled and kicked like a happy little girl.

Then came the shots. Mom hid in the background while the nurse and I stood next to Makenna. The happy face quickly turned to confusion which quickly turned to bright red and screaming. Poor girl. After three shots, we were done, but little Makenna wasn't feeling so hot.

Surprisingly, she calmed down soon and we took off for home. She even fell asleep on the way back.

Other than the band-aids and little welts on her leg you wouldn't even know it now.

It's hard to believe she is two months old already isn't it?

1 comment:

Hollie said...

I remember very vividly Gabe's 2 month shots. I think I cried more then he did, just something about hearing that hurt cry vs. I'm hungry or tired cry. I did better with Ty:) It is hard to believe Makenna is 2 months already. I haven't seen her since the hospital I'll bet she is getting so big.