April 16, 2008

But I'm not even 30!

I went to get my hair cut this afternoon. Usually it is somewhat of an interesting experience as the barber is somewhat of a crazy man. I've gotten my hair cut off and on there since '97 so he has a good idea what I want done.

Today started the same...chit chat about the weather, followed by me being asked how many people in the Bill Gaither band I could name.

Then I noticed something. He had combed my hair forwards and it looked like I could see some skin showing on the top of my head. After looking at it for several minutes, I finally ventured a question. "Is my hair thinning on top?" He replied it was pretty much the same. I pressed further, "But is it thinner on top than the sides?"

Without hesitation, he exclaimed, "Oh yeah!"

I don't remember much of what happened during the rest of my haircut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're related to Dad. I must have gotten some different genes though. They have to purposely thin out my hair when I get it cut.

Jason

jared said...

The barber asked if my mom's dad had thin hair. I said I only knew him when he was older, but I thought so. He said that's a good rule of thumb to use when predicting baldness. Yeah, he's so nice the way he says things.