HE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!
It only took a few days and he was completely potty trained. He still wears pull-ups at nap and night time but other than that he is diaper free.
So here is a brief summary about how this all came about.
After Colin turned 2 in May I asked Jared when we should give potty training a shot. I asked this question for two reasons.
- Because it seemed like a good question since he was turning 2.
- Because Makenna was just 25 months when she was fully potty trained.
Now before I continue with the story I would like to mention that both Makenna and Colin were showing signs that they were ready to be potty trained a few months before I even started to potty train them.
- The signs: Interested in talking about the potty. Willing/interested in sitting on the potty. Watching me/Jared use the potty. Telling me that they were pooping if I asked them what they were doing even though they had the tell tale red face.
All that being said, I gave it a shot with Colin a few weeks ago. I went in telling myself that boys tend to be more difficult than girls to potty train and that if he was not ready I wouldn't push him. We would just try again in a few months.
Well, this is how it all played out.
- Day One - Jared and Colin went shopping to get underwear, M&M's, and carpet cleaner.
- Day Two - Started potty training. Colin was in underwear and nothing else on his bottom half. He had 2 accidents one in the bathtub (I had to tend to Kyla's crying and Colin was sitting on the potty but because I knew he would get up as soon as I left to attend to Kyla, I put him in the bathtub) and the other was outside. He ended up using the potty the rest of the time.
- Day Three - One accident (at the park). The rest he went on the potty.
- Day Four - No accidents.
I am so proud of him and I am really grateful to only have one kiddo in diapers!