- It is a bit long. According to the calendar winter starts December 21, but in reality when you live in Iowa it feels like it starts way sooner than that.
- I really dislike the bitter cold. Especially when the sun is out and it looks all nice and inviting. But then you step outdoors and instantly you feel a cold sting on any body part not covered with at least one layer of clothing.
- It takes way too long to recover from being outside in the bitter cold. Why can't my hands ever seem to be warm again.
- I find it hilarious how the local news uses the term 'Operation Winter Storm' when referring to any snow we might get.
- I love to watch the snow fall. Especially the big fluffy flakes.
- Sledding and making snowmen are two things I look forward to doing every winter.
- I find it simply gorgeous when I wake up and see all the trees covered in a beautiful frost. It really is breath taking and it gives me a glimpse at some of our majestic Creator's handiwork.
February 2, 2011
Here are my thoughts about winter in Iowa.