October 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Big Girl!!

Two years can sure fly by fast.

I remember being convinced for 9 months our first child was going to be a boy. I was sure. It had to be a boy - I didn't know anything about women/girls. Especially about raising one. How do you deal with those crazy emotions?

The shock eventually wore off that I was indeed outnumbered by the ladies in my own house. I grew to love that girl though. What a blessing. What a joy. What a wonderful addition.

When Allison was pregnant a good friend and one of only a few people to "know" we were having a girl remarked, "God knows what He is doing, and He knows you need a girl." Well said. Now there isn't a day goes by I don't tell her how much I love her, laugh at her antics and relish her hugs.

A quick list of a few things I hope I never forget:
-You looking at me when I held a bottle for you
-Holding onto my finger
-When you would smile so big your paci would drop from your mouth
-The first "da-da" and the goofy way you say it now
-The countless hours you spent in my arms in the wee hours of the night fighting the sandman. It was in those times where my love for you really grew as I could watch you fall asleep, safe from whatever was keeping you from rest.
-You obsession with parks/slides/swings
-"One!" with a finger by your mouth (as in a desperate attempt at one more of anything)
-"Yeah! Ok!" and "How nice!"
-Always calling Colin "Col-no"
-Pushing a chair to the window so you can wave as I drive away to work.
-The big smile, hug and kiss when I get home.



Happy Birthday Big Girl!!!

1 comment:

The Ferrera Family said...

Happy Birthday. What a blessed little girl!