February 4, 2010

FLORIDA!!

Yep that is right Jared and I took a four day trip to FLORIDA! (without Makenna)

Our first two days were spent in Melbourne. While there we stayed at a wonderful Bed and Breakfast call the Port D' Hiver. It was located right across the street from the Melbourne beach. Needless to say we spent most of our time in Melbourne relaxing at the beach and watching home improvement shows on cable TV. (which is a luxury for the willis family because we do not have cable at home)


Melbourne Beach


Port D' Hiver - Bed and Breakfast

Our third day was spent traveling up the coast. We made a brief stop at Cocoa Beach and then headed to Kennedy Space Center. I had no idea what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed myself. Let me just say that we spent 4 hours there but we definitely could have spent several more walking though exhibits we didn't get to see due to time.


Our final night was spent in Orlando. While there we decided to take advantage of the free City Walk area right outside Universal Studios. We ate at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville, where we enjoyed the live entertainment.

Needless to say we missed Makenna a ton but we sure appreciated the time away from the cold Iowa winter.

2 comments:

Ted n' Tiff said...

Looks like you had fun!! Wish we were there!

Dorothy said...

Looks like a fun trip! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you guys since there was such a big blogging break... Good for you for taking a trip just the two of you.

Also, I'm in enough of a crafting lull right now that I could squeeze in Makenna's blanket if you send me the dimensions :-)