August 13, 2008

'Whatchu talkin bout Willis' Wednesday

I've never really spent all that much time before watching the Olympics. This year though I have found it somewhat fascinating to keep up with for some reason. I enjoyed the parade of nations at the opening ceremonies - watching people from countries I have never heard of proudly walk in waving their flag. I commented to Allison someone should create a game called "Country or not a country" where you read a name and then guess. Good way to learn geography I say.

Probably the biggest reason I've been keeping up is because of Shawn Johnson. The toast of Iowa girl just has something about her that makes you want to cheer for her and her team. It's been incredible watching Micheal Phelps win the most golds ever in history as well.

Pomp and fanfare aside, it's been fun watching the different countries compete against each other. Different languages, skin color and size, but all in Beijing for the hopes of bringing pride to their country.

--------------

If you look to the right side of our blog, you'll see we are now at week 31! Crazy! Every week that goes by we are continually thankful for the good health of Allison and LBJ.

2 comments:

todd said...

my early prediction still stands (october 10th) me thinks that would be a good date to deliver one lbj.

with regard to "country, not a country," they already have that game, it's called, "fact or crap."
paige and i own it. you and the lil lady should come over and we could totally play it!

here's a quick test though

tuvalu

country or not a country?
don't you dare google it.
whatchu thinkin' willis?

jared said...

i think that is a country. i'll google it now and check.