July 7, 2007

One year ago.....

It doesn't seem possible that a year ago at this time i was in Africa, waking up to 30 degree temps and working all day laying block at the ministry center. It makes me think a lot my time there and the people i met. My trip there was not only a time to see more parts of the world, but also to expand my knowledge of other cultures and learn about people who have very little but seem genuinely happy.

The team i went with from my church was gone about 2 weeks. We spent the first week doing construction work at the ministry center with local African pastors and the second week going to different schools and hospitals around Zambia sharing our faith and talking about our lives and why we were there.

The top photo is my friend Todd and I with some of our fellow workers. The middle is Edwin and I - he is a pastor in Zambia and a very hard worker. The bottom picture doesn't quite show the level of enthusiasm normally shown by the kids when a balloon came there way, but it has kids in it, so that makes it interesting.

No comments: