July 10, 2007

Goodbye Weston House

As many or all of you know Jared has a passion and gift for building things and about a year ago he decided to put his abilities to the test. This test (as I guess what I'm calling it) was to build a house. Now don't take me too literally....he didn't grab a shove, hammer, nails, some wood and start throwing things together like a mad man. But he did spend time planning, organizing, and physically adding his sweat equity into the house. It became his hobby you might say....instead of fishing or golfing most men try to do in their free time my ambitious husband worked on his house. He spent weekends and evenings working there doing odds and ends. I got to help too! (Really that exclamation point is a good one) It was great to see the progress and Jared get excited about how things were all coming together. Here are just a few pictures of the process from the very beginning to the very end.






Cool Slideshows!

As you can tell by the last picture, we sold the house. It was Jared's goal to sell the house to a family who would benefit from the large, open, and inviting floor plan (side note "floor plan" is a new word in my vocabulary. never used it until I started dating Jared), which is exactly what happened. We closed on the house June 14th. The new owners are are both ISU alumni and they have two boys and a third on the way. They were also very excited and pleased with the extra detail work and time Jared put into the house. Jared and I are both happy to sell the house to such an appreciative family. Although he is glad to sell the house, Jared has mentioned that it is a bitter sweet transition. I am extremely thankful to God that he provided this opportunity for Jared and I feel even more thankful that Jared was able to enjoy and accomplish such an impressive project without any major set backs.

No comments: