April 22, 2010

Getting Ready For Baby #2

Because Makenna has completely transitioned into her big girl room I decided that I would start to set up a few things in the nursery for "Baby Willis #2".

As a side note, I have been trying to talk to Makenna about the new baby as much as I can. For instance when we go into the nursery I tell her that it is the baby's room, or when she sees/plays with the burp rags and receiving blankets on the shelf in the nursery I tell her that they are for the baby in mama's belly. Most of the time I just tell her these things with no expectations of her completely understanding me but with the hope that once the baby comes she might put 2 and 2 together.

Anyways, back to getting the nursery ready. Makenna decided she wanted to help so as I was organizing the closet Makenna was busy getting things ready for the baby too. Here is a picture of what I saw when I turned around.

As you can see she has put burp rags, receiving blankets, and LOTS of diapers in the bassinet. If you ask me I think she has a good grasp on what it takes to satisfy a newborn's needs:)

No comments: