June 18, 2008

Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis Wednesday

It's Wednesday. I unfortunately don't have anything earthshaking this week to talk about. But in an attempt to salvage this post, here is what Allison, LBJ and I have been up to recently:

-L.B.J. like to move around. And kick and hit. You can see Allison's skin move in and out depending on his movements. It's really cool yet kinda creepy all at the same time. I can put my hand on her belly and feel a good kick quite often.

-Jared is happy. We actually got three good days put together and finished pouring concrete at the jobsite. Finally it looks like a 1.3 acre skating rink instead of a 1.3 acre kitty litter box.

-We are all excited about vacation. Allison's mom and dad are taking us and her sister and brother-in-law to Hawaii for a week! We leave Thursday morning early from Des Moines. I even got in the spirit of vacation and went out and borrowed a Hawaiian shirt!

-Allison has gotten pretty good at sewing. She went from novice to expert in a few weeks and can fly through the patterns now. She can make a pretty mean burp cloth in no time flat.

-We "celebrated" Father's Day, even though I'm not really a father. Allison got me a card and a couple books. One was "Shepherding a Child's Heart." Apparently when she went to pick them up, the cashier thought it was a book on sheep herding.

That's about it I guess. Don't bother checking our blog in the next week or so since it won't probably won't change. We'll be sure to get some pics and stories up when we get back from vacation.

No comments: