January 18, 2008

What Happened to My Coat?

Here is a funny little story for ya'll.

Last Friday Jared and I went to one of our friend's weddings at Cornerstone Church. The wedding was beautiful. It is always great to see one of your friends get married. After the wedding, Jared went to grab our coats (which he hung up before the wedding, so in theory he knew where the coats were and what they looked like). Jared handed me my coat which I held on to while we stood in the foyer for a while chit-chatin with some friends. Here is the good part. When I went to put on my coat I noticed that it was not my coat. So as any loving wife would do I immediately laughed and said to Jared this isn't my coat (but to his credit it looked like my coat it was the same color, black but much longer and it was missing the hood). I went back to the coat rack to return the wrong coat and find my coat. But to my surprise my coat was not there. Thinking to myself, while looking at the bare coat rack, did someone mistakenly take my coat or did Jared take their coat first so they took mind as a replacement. Not quite sure what to do we decided to leave the wrong coat there hanging on the rack. Jared kindly let me wear his coat to the reception, where we thought we would check the racks for my missing coat. But my coat was no where to be found. We left for home that night laughing about the humor of the whole situation and thinking now my mom will just have to buy me a new one for my birthday.

To end this humorous story.....that Sunday before church we went to check the rack again to see if the wrong coat was still there and if my coat had turned up. We'll to our surprise there was my coat and the other one was gone. What really happened with my coat, we will probably never know. But what a happy ending to a really bazaar coat mishap.

No comments: