November 3, 2007

one year ago...

it doesn't seem possibly, but it has already been one year since Allison and I became engaged. She could tell the story a little better, but here's my version of it...

I was sure Allison was the girl for me. I had a ring picked out, payed for and in my pocket the whole first week of November while i schemed a way to surprise my wonderful girlfriend. I enlisted the help of a trio of ladies very close to me to help execute my ingenious plan.

the plan was this. while allison and i sat through a horrendous cyclone football game, Samantha, Spring and Stacy would be beautifying the master bedroom of the house i was currently building. after the game, i would take allison out to eat and make up an excuse for having to go to the house where history would surely written.

We went out to eat at my fav pizza place, Ge Angelos. i think she even asked me why i was so "smiley." i don't remember much of the supper except for the part where i went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and convinced myself i could play it cool.

i then said we needed to go stop by the house so i could look at something. when we arrived, i blindfolded allison and told her i had something special for her to see. i led her into the room where there was all sorts of christmas lights, a bench, a camera, and about 10 dozen roses. i don't remember much of the next few minutes other than taking off her blindfold, saying a bunch or semi-sweet, probably mostly ridiculous and incoherent ramblings, dropping to a knee and asking her to marry me. somewhere in the confusion, she said yes.


Happy 1 year Babe!!


1 comment:

amy said...

way to go jared! that is super sweet! the question remains: are you still thoughtful and romantic now that you are married??