Yep that's right, Pinterest.
I was introduced to this website several months ago by my good friend Sarah. And since then Pinterest has become somewhat of a vice of mine. Don't get me wrong I really do enjoy the site and find it helpful but I sometimes feel that it is both good and bad at the same time. Just hear me out.
I'll start with the good.
- I am finding all kinds of fun DIY projects like this and this and this that seem both easy and fun.
- It helps me not spend hours upon hours searching for new yummy recipes , creative ways to decorate, or simple ways to turn your everyday toilet paper roll into art.
- I have found some very good teaching/craft ideas for the kiddos.
- I have even found a few Christmas present ideas. Sorry no link to those. Don't want to ruin any surprises.
- Family pictures were made easier because of ideas like this.
- There are tons and tons of great ideas for fashion. And normal everyday fashion too.
Now for the bad.
- It is consuming my life. Not really but kinda. I spend way to much time looking though the site finding things I like. So I guess in regard to #2 on the good list the time I save looking has been replaced by finding.
- And most of what I find I will never wear, never want to spend the money on to decorate, and never take time to do my self. Because lets face it I live in the real world. I live on a budget and spend most of my time taking care of my family.
All that being said, I really have found it helpful and fun. I have used several things I found on the site and either used them as inspiration or actually duplicated them. And I am planning to continue to do so.
So I guess the lesson for myself is..... spend my time wisely and don't get carried away with the time I spend on Pinterest.
Oh and also if you have not checked it out you should. It is pretty cool. But be cautious....it may consume your life:)