May 4, 2010

18 Month Stats

As always I am a little behind at updating about Makenna. She had her 18 month doctor's appointment last Monday. Here are her stats...
  • Weight - 21 pounds 2 ounces
  • Height - 32 inches
Basically, she is still petite for her age. Which is fine by me....it makes it way easier to carrier her with my pregnant belly.

In other Makenna news she has been learning so much lately that it is hard to keep up. These are just some of the major accomplishments I can remember....
  • She can say several words now. She has gradually added them to her vocabulary over the past couple months. Some of my favorites to hear her say are: cheese, choo-choo, apple, bug, bike, daddy, Buddy and home.
  • She continues to be a huge helper around the house. Her favorite chores to help with are unloading the dishwasher, doing the laundry, and helping daddy do anything and everything.
  • She insists on walking up and down the stairs upright. No more of the belly scoot.
  • As mentioned in a previous post she sleeps in her big girl bed now.
  • She reads out loud to herself.
  • She tries to say the ABC's but she only makes it to "B" and just keeps repeating "B" for awhile. It is really cute. I need to get a video.
  • She continues to love music. She has several songs that we sing together that she will do actions to. I need to get a video of this as well.
  • She will tells us we are home when we pull in the driveway. She also recognizes when we are getting close to home because she starts announcing home, home, home when we turn onto McKinley Drive. (We live on court)
  • She recognizes several of her body parts now too. She will point to her toes, ears, eyes, belly, fingers, mouth, head, hair, and nose.
That is all I can think of for now. I know that I am forgetting some stuff but for now that is all this very pregnant brain can think of.

No comments: