September 23, 2007

Parents for a Day or Maybe Just an Afternoon

On Saturday Jared and I went to North Liberty to visit Jason, Brenda, and the kids. After a very entertaining example of how lunch time takes place with a two and four year old, Jared and I thought it would be fun to take Ally and Drew to the Children's Museum at the Sun Mall (aka Coral Ridge) and let Jason and Brenda get some things done around the house while the kids were gone. Let me first say I was throughly impressed with the museum. They had many different activity centers for children to play. Both kids were excited to be there and it was fun to watch them play and pretend at the different stations. It is really interesting how much they pick up and imitate their parents and other things they see adults doing. Here are some of the pictures Jared and I took.......
Above is Ally at the Construction Station building a house.
Below is Jared helping Drew build ???



Ally milking a cow like her Grandpa's
Drew checking out at the grocery store
By the end of all this fun I don't know who was more tired Drew or Jared? We all had fun though and the trip was a success. Oh and I can't forget to mention the hilarious comment by Ally on the way home as we drive by a Culvers....... "So, are we gonna stop at Culvers and get me a snack or what?" Jared and I both laughed pretty hard at that one.

No comments: